Cotton? Who needs it when you have Bamboo!

Rude Rainbow is excited to launch our first range of super comfy (and good for the planet) bamboo underwear!

Our classics range is all about filling that underwear draw of yours with some fun bold colours!

See below some really cool facts about not only the fabric, but also bamboo itself! 

rude rainbow bamboo mens underwear

10 Bamboo Fun Facts

  1. Bamboo is the FASTEST growing land plant in the world!
  2. Bamboo is a giant grass! It is not a tree. 
  3. Bamboo cools down the surrounding air by up to 8 degrees in summer! 
  4. Bamboo rarely flowers and seeds, only about every 100 years or so. When it does, every plant of that same species seeds at the exact same time across the globe!
  5. Bamboo is edible, well, most of them (some taste horrible!) The new shoots are harvested while they are still soft. They are often used in asian cuisine or stir frys!
  6. A panda's diet is 99% made up of bamboo shoots, poles and leaves, around 12-38kg every day! The other 1% is made up of meat and other plants.
  7. Clumping bamboo purifies the air up to 30% more effectively then any other plant! Your brain literally gets an oxygen high around it! This makes you happier & relieves tension & headaches!
  8. There are over 1,500 species of bamboo in the world! Australia has around 400 and we specialise in the top 50 species that suit home gardens the best! (And pandas only eat 42 species out of 1,500!)
  9. Bamboo is mostly drought tolerant and will survive lack of water, but if they are thirsty they will curl up their leaves! They do this to shy away from the heat and await rain or water. After a few days of being dry, they will drop some leaves to self mulch and reduce the amount of leaves needing hydration!
  10. Bamboo poles are incredibly strong and sturdy (some are stronger then steel!) and are often used for construction and building throughout the world! 

Bamboo Fabric Facts

  • Environmentally friendly
    • Grows faster and uses less water than cotton
    • It’s the fastest-growing woody plant in the world. Making it regenerating and sustainable
    • Did you know it can take more than 20,000 litres of water to produce 1kg of cotton; equivalent to a single T-shirt and pair of jeans
  • Softer
    • More delicate than silk and provides comfort all day long
    • While most underwear can be uncomfortable and itchy, bamboo leaves you with peace of mind making you feel comfortable in your skin
    • It keeps its shape wash after wash and doesn’t shrink (as long as you follow the correct washing instructions)
  • Faster to Dry Out
    • The tiny holes and gaps that are present enable aeration and evaporation of collected moisture, leaving you with a pleasant feeling of ease no matter how much you’re sweating
    • Micro-gaps in the fabric that allows for ventilation and for the skin to breathe
  • Thermo Control
    • The fabric itself is extremely breathable
    • No matter how hard you work out, bamboo ensures that you feel cool and refreshed as it whisks away all the excess heat
  • Odour Resistant
    • The antibacterial and antifungal natural feature of the bamboo shoot carries on to its underwear as it wicks away all odour
    • Wicks sweat away from the body leaving you feeling fresher longer
  • Hypoallergenic
    • Excellent for those with sensitive skin
    • People who suffer from itching and/or irritability can wear it as a natural solution to their allergy
    • Its hypoallergenic feature means that it is rarely infected by bacteria, unlike fibres like cotton, which are human made

It’s time to transition from cotton to your new RUDE bamboo underwear.

Click here to get yours now! 

rude rainbow bamboo mens underwear


Leave a comment

All comments are moderated before being published